In your journal, discuss any disadvantages to the place where you live and continue your sentence practice with noun and verb phrases. Write at least one of each of the noun phrases discussed in the unit (prepositional phrase, absolute phrase, and appositive phrase) and at least two of each of the verb phrases (infinitive phrase and participial phrase). You will, therefore, write at least seven sentences for this journal activity. As in the first assignment, underline the phrase in each sentence and consider its function in both as a modifier and an aspect of your writing style.
- I have a debilitating fear of drowning, because of this fear I am not able to fully enjoy the river that runs along our Village.
- Each day, the weather is unpredictably surprising.
- Our home, a flat white older home, is located directly beside the river.
- To enter or exit our Village, go directly to the middle and the hiway runs through the centre.
- My parents went to the High school that still is used in our Village.
- The winds sometimes blows so wildly, that it knocks over trees.