Good Afternoon

Good Afternoon
Photographer, Shelly Boyd

Monday, October 28, 2013

Learning How to Bead!

Beads Beads Beads!
 
I have always admired beaded work. Loved the beauty, the time, the patience and the love of the work that it takes for someone to make such an exquisite piece of art.
I am not a very good at hand sewing. I never have had that knack or ability. I have always simply longed to try but never had the opportunity!
 
A dear friend of mine, a talented force I tell you what! She has an amazing eye for detail and beauty. She is a mama of six and is simply amazing. A wonderful role model for us other mama's! She gifted me the opportunity to learn from her talented wisdom! And so begins my new love affair with the art of beading.
Begins!
 
 
For you see, this particular week I overdid some things. Being 31 weeks pregnant and a homeschooling mama of 3, I sometimes forget that I am supposed to take some rest. Life, is so wonderful and I love keeping busy. I have been blessed with my life and want to live each day to the fullest of the gift that God handed to me.......but I also must remember that, even God rested. So, my dear hubby "grounded" me to the couch and rest for the day. My friend invited me over and was explaining how relaxing, rewarding and productive beading is for me and I can put my feet up! So, naturally, I am all in!
 
 
 
 
Once I got started.....the love affair begin. I tell ya, if you have never had the opportunity to learn this is your day. I am absolutely in love with beading. The beauty of it. The effort. The serenity it is when beading. The fact that when you have completed for the most part you stare at it and just silently sit in awe..for I never knew I could ever accomplish anything like it!
 

 
 
Now you see, this is only my second time attempting this beading. The first time, was last year when I made my youngest daughter some moccassins. Oh that was hard. And it was on beautiful moose hide. Which, in itself I am in love with....but beading on it was quite a learning curve!
 
 
This was a whole different ball game. Its like, being just in sync. The calmness. The beauty. The elegance. I love it. Like I was meant to sit and bead. I don't know how else to describe it! It was serenity. This past week I was praying that God help me. So many different things that I was going through and thinking of and praying for.....and then He gave me this beautiful gift of an afternoon with a genuine friend. A friend that I had so much fun with. A friend that was nice to just sit and hang out. God gifted me this beautiful new desire to relax and work it through. As if beading and I were meant to be!
 
Sounds a little funny, I know but unless you try you may never know!
 
I pray that each of you find your serenity moment this week. That each of you are safe and loved and that you go through your week with joyfilled hearts!
 
Blessings to you and your family,
~Stacey Home Maker~

No comments:

Post a Comment